- cereal boxes or cake mix boxes ( anything will do)
- hot glue or Elmer's glue
- tissue paper or construction
- white paper towels
- toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
- Now reassemble the box with the plan cardboard facing out. Tape the edges back together.
- Cut the toilet paper roll or paper towel roll in half lengthwise. Attach( with hot glue or Elmer's ) this to one side of your box - this is the spine of the book.
Tape the cut roll on one side.
- Tape (or glue) white paper towels on the other 3 sides of the box- these are the pages.
- Take the tissue paper and wrap around the book leaving a small edge. Glue these down. You can also tear up bits of paper and glue down to create a mosaic look.
- Draw lines on the paper towels - the pages
- Title your book - on the spine
- Viola cheap decorations!
You can use these books for book report projects or as decoration for you classroom or library. Cheap and easy.
I also decided that I would add some whimsy to my bookcases this fall. I wanted the shelves to look like the bookstore in Harry Potter, so here is the result. Artful mess!